They call this coming Friday "Black Friday." It's the day that millions of people around the country wake up at 5 am, drive on down to the mall, fight for a parking space, fight for the best deals and then trudge back home to pass out after a long day of shopping "fun."
Me? I like to sleep in, eat turkey leftovers and watch football. Instead, of dealing with that madness, you can get all your shopping done with a few clicks of your mouse.
We have been getting all recent orders in the mail as quickly as possible, and our last shipment before the holiday will get dropped in the post office at three o clock today.
Heres a few gift ideas for the true strength maniacs out there:
1. Captains of Crush Grippers -- our top seller, and the very best hand grippers
Ever made will make your training fun, and functional. There are now 10
different strength to help you build your strength one step at a time:
Check em out: Captains of Crush Hand Grippers
2. The TRX Bodyweight Suspension System - This baby takes bodyweight training to a whole new level. As I have said several times, before, there is no finer abdominal strength develop.
Try it and youll see: TRX System
3. The Physical Body 2 and Zoor Khane - It's always interesting to find out how other cultures train. The Physical Body 2 DVD covers physical training in India while Zoor Khane details the Iranian Martial Arts training techniques:
The Physical Body 2 DVD, Zoor Khane
4. Super Squats by Randall Strossen - One of my all-time favorite books, and one that has helped shape my training since the beginning. I highly recommend this book: Super Squats by Randall J. Strossen
5. Okie Collars - You need a good pair of barbell collars and that's just how it goes.
Heres a unique pair of collars that will keep your plates safe and secure every time: Okie Collars
That should about cover it. We will be in the office today until 4 pm, and, like I said will be dropping our last shipment in the mail at 3 pm today. If you need anything, drop us a line or give us a call: 1-800-978-0206
New Oldtime Strongman Blog Posts
The Super Gripper An Impressive Card Ripping Feat Stonelifting in Ancient Greece Tom Burrows: Indian Club Swinging Champion of The World Charles Rigoulot's Unique Globe Barbell Strongman Combo Feats Otto Arco The Mighty Atom - Steel Scrolling Doug Hepburn Dumbbell Press The 1-Leg Squat ---------------------
Friday, November 16, 2007
New Book - Powerlifting Basics, Texas Style by Paul Kelso
Monday, November 12, 2007
Texas Style by Paul Kelso
|Paul Kelso tells the story of Lope Delk and his travels through East Texas pumping iron with the Wampus Cat Weight Club. Although this story is about a fictional character, Paul infuses his personal real-life experiences into the storyline and gives you his philosophy on the strength world in general.|
The book handles the question "What is our purpose?" and wants you to think about that everytime you step into the weight room.
The book is full of invaluable routines such as the Two-Day Bench Workout, High-Rep Squat Training, Full-Body Split Training, etc. The idea with many of these routines is how to get maximum gains without spending tons of hours in the weight room.
Funny, original, thought-provoking, invaluable. It's a book any power lifter, or any weight lifter in general, will want to pick up.
New Bodyweight Basics Blog Posts
More Q & A on the TRX
How To Make Your Bodyweight Workout More Challenging
More High-Rep Squatting Fun ---------------------
New Oldtime Strongman Blog Posts
Progressive Log Training
Basque Stone Lifting
Dave Draper - "The Blonde Bomber"
Bruce Lee's Power Rack
Milo of Crotona
Tommy Kono: Weightlifting and Bodybuilding Champion
Strongman Sledgehammer #1
"The Blob" Grip Strength Challenge
Mr. Deadlift: Bob Peoples ---------------------